I’m excited to share the following information regarding available arts grants from the California Arts Council
Applications are now being accepted for new and existing grant programs supporting arts education, arts and juvenile justice programs, and arts initiatives aimed at improving communities across the state. Webinars reviewing detailed program guidelines for new grant programs will be conducted on the dates noted below.
New Grant Programs
In July 2013, the California Arts Council received $2 million in savings from the 2013 State Assembly operating budget. The funds, directed to support arts and arts education programs in California communities via grants or direct services, must be encumbered during the 2013-2014 fiscal year and will not be used for administrative costs at the agency. The following two programs are supported by these funds:
- The Creative California Communities Program (CCC) supports exceptional projects that harness arts and culture as a key economic development or arts service strategy for communities of all sizes, with grant awards up to $100,000.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 28
Webinar: Monday, February 10 at 2:30pm
Program Webpage: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/ccc.php
- The JUMP StArts Program supports high-quality arts education and artists-in-residence programs, projects for at-risk children, and youth within the juvenile justice system in classroom, after-school, or incarceration settings in diverse communities and geographical settings.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 14
Guidelines Webinar: Thursday, February 6 at 10:30am
Program Webpage: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/jump.php
Signature Grant Programs
- The Artists in Schools Program supports the valuable link between community arts resources-professional teaching artists and arts organizations-with local schools/school districts by funding residency activities emphasizing long-term, in-depth arts education during school hours or in after-school programs.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 21
Program Webpage: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/ais.php
- The Creating Places of Vitality Program (CPV) supports rural and underserved communities through grant opportunities for small arts organizations. Through the arts, CPV offers opportunities to encourage creative innovation and to engage in meaningful cultural activities that create a distinct sense of place in neighborhoods and communities.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 7
Program Webpage: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/cpv.php
- The Statewide Networks Program (SN) supports culturally specific, multicultural, and discipline-based statewide and regional arts networks and service organizations. Its goal is to strengthen an organization’s capacity and delivery of services to its constituents through communications, professional development opportunities, networking and arts advocacy.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 28
Program Webpage: http://www.cac.ca.gov/programs/sn.php